My name is Evgenia Kultina. My friends in US call me "Janny". I was born in Russia, January 19,1990. Currently I live in Centreville, VA. I'm happily married since 2010.

I grew up in russian city called Nizhny Novgorod with my mother, uncle and brother.

I got 8 years of music education - violin and piano. After I finished music school, I was invited to play in orchestra in my city. The same time I learned to play the guitar so I was playing in heavy metal band also. I grew up being a big music fan from classical music and opera to rock'n'roll and heavy metal. When I was 15 I organized fan music club in my city(Nizhny Novgorod). The idea of this club was to support each person who didn't have a friend because of their music preferences. Just so you know in Russia if you look different and love rock, a lot of people would not share you interests and - especially in a small towns- you would look like a "black sheep".

At 16 I went to college, I studied journalism in Nizhny Novgorod State University, Russia. After my first year in college I was invited to join internship in "Russian Radio" (government radio station). During that time I got a lot of experience, I was gathering material and writing texts for the music program, practicing my speech, taking the interviews. That's when I realized that I really enjoy writing.

In 2009 I came to United States for a summer with "Work and Travel" program to work as a lifeguard). But the idea of course was to see America. Who knew that I would find my destiny in here?! I met my future husband. In a year we go married.

Last summer I met John William Tuohy and we became friends. We have a lot of incoming - we both love books and movies, we have similar opinion on different things.

In the end of 2012 I started to work with him. John is very talented writer and a good friend, who has a lot of potential. I hope this year we can make a big progress in our business and produce many interesting books. I really excited about it!


Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Personal Page: Article from "Russian Beyond the Headlines"Work an...

My Personal Page: Article from "Russian Beyond the Headlines"Work an...: Article from "Russian Beyond the Headlines" Work and Travel: U.S. closes door on Russia’s students? April 12, 2013   Pavel...

No comments:

Post a Comment